Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glen, Rich... Do you guys know if Ibanez has ever done anything like this? The reason I ask is I'm fairly active on the Jackson forum and those guys are in the process of putting together an order for a special edition custom guitar. It's going to be specifically for members of that forum. Jackson will pretty much build whatever those guys want, at prices that are far below the standard custom shop prices. The only catch is they've got to order a minimum number of 10 pieces.

I don't know if Ibanez would ever do this because they're not really a "custom shop" kind of company, might be cool to have a Jemsite special edition guitar if they would though. I'm sure it's been discussed here before, just wondering if it's ever actually been done.

Matt

·
Vendor
26,455 Posts
They'll build any spec you want, you just have to meet minimum order requirements, far north of what Jackson will do [unless you have their attention and they really want to do something for you]. Cudos the the Jackson Forum if they could actually get 10 people to agree on specs and plunk their cash down ;)

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
that would be cool, but not likely to replicate jackson's services given their Japan-centric business attitude.

a large guitar chain store like GC could (and has) ordered a custom batch - obviously within limits - but noone has reported the $$$ or ### committment required.

next time you chat w/ your ibz rep why not touch base about this as an authorized dealer :D ...glen

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
ouch. still, if they had any business sense and initiative they could have most of them presold & make a fortune.

nah - easier to toss rg470s on ebay :(

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
mercjoe said:
Hey..........I'd buy a Jemsite limited run! Let's do it! :D
Heh. There's no way we'd get 75 people on Jemsite to agree to a model of the same specs unless we got it with no inlay, no pickups and finished in just a primer coat.

Hmm...

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
darren wilson said:
mercjoe said:
Hey..........I'd buy a Jemsite limited run! Let's do it! :D
Heh. There's no way we'd get 75 people on Jemsite to agree to a model of the same specs unless we got it with no inlay, no pickups and finished in just a primer coat.

Hmm...
We have 5776 registered users

chances are that 75 people could be found for one model and another 75 for another.

Question is whether they would all have the money at the same time for it.

I think a DNA swirled universe or mirror finish jem run might just attract people's attention...

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
How about a guitar exactly like the Jem 10, but with a vwh pickguard?

Who wouldn't opt in for something like that? (said he naively.....)

Plus, it would need to be around April when tax returns start coming in :wink:

jim

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Yeah, I know, but were they not a "custom" run because of the Edge and chrome? Signed by Joe....limited to 100?

·
Registered
164 Posts
see guys..........we're gonna work this out in the thread. It'll be a chrome dna swirled universe pgm probably. It is Jemsite though guys..........it should be a Jem. :D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts