Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Headstock Angle on RG tremolo guitars

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NickMtl 
#1 ·
Have looked all around the web & haven't been able to find this info. I'm currently modeling an Ibanez RG in 3D and need to dial in the correct angle between the neck and the headstock.

From the few side pictures I found on the web, it appears to be either 15 or 16 degrees. I'm intrested in RG models with tremolo units but I assume that non-tremolo models share the same angle as well.

I found 2D CAD drawings of the RG/Universe body but no detail on the neck and/or headstock.

Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks,
(PS: Yeah, I used to have an RG but sold it 2 years ago & no music store near my place to go check myself)

#3 ·
Thanks jcreecy!

Great SolidWorks models you have there! I'm a 3D software developer and use my own NURBS-based modeler. Basically, I'm writing a 3d guitar modeler that can automatically generate most guitar shapes from a basic description -- which includes the headstock angle.

You can see some pictures on my TwitPic page -- found by Googling "twitpic xecretcode".

I'm just getting started, but the modeler is getting better every day.

- Nick -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.