Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought what I thought was an RG570 on Reverb, but it seems to be a different model.
It has a TRS 505 bridge, Gotoh tuners and the pickups are not marked.
Would anyone here know what model it is? There is no model number on the back of the headstock.
I'm hoping someone knows what guitars the TRS 505 was used on.

Serial Number - F9731353

I just want to see if anyone here can provide me with some info before I contact the seller.

Here is a link to the original listing on Reverb,

https://reverb.com/item/26318309-1997-ibanez-rg570-black

·
Registered
185 Posts
I really hope you didn't get a 270 instead of a 570. The 570 of that era were fugijen, the 270 Indonesian. Check the back of the headstock. The TRS 505 is not near the trem the Edge is, which is what a 570 should have. Hope you didn't pay much for it. I bought a 270 as project for $40.

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
I really hope you didn't get a 270 instead of a 570. The 570 of that era were fugijen, the 270 Indonesian. Check the back of the headstock. The TRS 505 is not near the trem the Edge is, which is what a 570 should have. Hope you didn't pay much for it. I bought a 270 as project for $40.
Not true, there were some MIJ RG270s made and sold in various parts of the world. The ILT1 the is a functioning unit that is better than the LO_TRS II and the TRS 505 single locker that came on non-MIJ RG2xx series.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Interesting, my first guitar was an 97 or 98 RG470 just like this one.

The weird thing is that if you take the neck off it is stamped RG570 and the F on the serial number I believe is a reference to the Fujijen factory in Japan where all the top end stuff is made.

So I think you might find as I did that it is an RG470 body and hardware but an RG570 neck.

Regardless they sold it to you as an RG570 which it isn’t so you should start the returns process.

Regards,

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts