Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, got a bit of an odd one here and I think that this forum can help me with it.

So a friend of mine has a set of the Fishman Pickups that came out of one of those Epiphone LP Prophecy guitars that he's willing to sell me for what seems like an absolute steal (around $200 CAD)

However I noticed in the pics provided that instead of the usual quick connect that both Fishman and EMG use, on these "EP1" pickups it seems as though the connections on soldered onto the board on the back of the pickup itself. This seems to make some sense as it is an OEM part for Epiphone in general.

Just based on anyone's experience here, would I be able to just follow a wiring diagram from Fishman's website anyways? I currently want to put them into an old RGA that i have and would essentially need to "convert" the layout from a 2Vol/2Tone pot & a toggle switch to a 1Vol/1Tone layout with a blade switch. It seems like all of the colours match up (though i'm not sure about the grey wire), and I'm waiting to hear back from Fishman Support about it. I've also included a pic of the diagram of what it looks like I'll need to follow

In case it's hard to see on the pics provided here's where all the wires go:
Neck Pickup:
Red = 9-18V
Black = Ground
Grey = Output
Green = Voice 2
Blue = Single

Bridge Pickup:
Red = 9-18V
Black = Ground
White = Output
Orange = Voice 2
Yellow = Single Coil

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Registered
RG 550, PGM 300, S5470, RS315,
I think you should be ok following a general fishman diagram.
But I'd highly recommend hanging for contact back from fishman and go with their advice.
I messaged them a few years back and they were incredibly friendly and helpful 馃憤

1 - 3 of 3 Posts