Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I really need some help identifying this guitar I bought in the late 90's. As far as I remember the pickups had been changed by the previous owner to Di Marzio, as well as the frets (Jumbo I think). There's no serial number on the headstock, therefore I have no idea what model might be. Hope you guys can help me with that. Here's the pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
What you have is an EX model with serious upgrades. The EX was the budget model preceding the RX & GIO. Tuners, trem, pickups have all been upgraded. In addition the FR has had a tone block replacement. Play the hell outta it. If you're looking to sell it. The only thing that would catch someone's eye is the parts of the upgrade. There's is no demand for the EX itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much for this info. Any idea of the year of production, more or less? How much would you sell it for? Sorry for all these questions but I'm considering selling it and have no idea about its true value.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maybe you could list by it for $200 & haggle from there. The tremolo is quite pitted. & The pickup poles are rusty. You'll need to see if the pups at least still work. Anytime I see rust on the poles I worry about corrosion inside the pickup which will short out the windings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts