Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a JS1600. It's great, my first fixed bridge high-end Ibanez.

But on an otherwise flawless guitar something odd happened. One of the pots, (the volume) the knob came off, with the whole shaft.. (See pictures).

I can't see any obvious way to reattach it. I think there must be some kind of clip or spring that holds it in place, but nothing was loose in the electrics cavity.

Any way to salvage it or do I just need to replace the pot. If I replace it, does anyone have a JS wiring diagram/ part spec so I can keep it to the original specification?

Thanks.

Has anyone had this happen before?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never seen that happen. I would be inclined to replace the pot rather than rely on a repair. You can find the wiring diagrams here: Ibanez.com | Wiring Diagrams
Thanks,
That's what I thought too. But no harm in asking in case it was something people here had seen before. If there was a viable repair it would've been nice to keep it all original..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been playing for 50+ years, I have never seen that happen with any guitar. Very strange. Since you will change the pot anyway....it wouldn't hurt to try a few drops of super glue on the bottom and sides of the shaft and stick it back in. It might just work for awhile or even longer. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts