Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I tune the guitar and few seconds latter it gets out of tune. And i have realized that every time i tight The strings, The bridge goes up. What should i do? Appart from studing more The english language? :)

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Hi Frank....welcome to Jemsite!!!!

The VERY first thing to do is to read ALL of Rich's setup section. This section includes everything there is to know about Ibanez guitar setup. You should learn what every part is and what it does. Open a beer, tell everyone you know to leave you alone, and soak up every bit of knowledge you can. After your done, come back here so we can help you get this done.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!
...I am reading the information about tuning the floating trem...and I can not understand something. How is it that a jem7v has an edge bridge which seems to be quite complex to set up properly, and a cheaper ibanez s420 has zr trem which has no complex set up at all?

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Thank you!
...I am reading the information about tuning the floating trem...and I can not understand something. How is it that a jem7v has an edge bridge which seems to be quite complex to set up properly, and a cheaper ibanez s420 has zr trem which has no complex set up at all?
The ZR (ZR2 on the S470) is just as complex. In fact, pretty much every floating trem ever made uses the same mechanics.

The Edge you have is the finest Trem on the planet.......after learning the balancing act of setting it up, you'll find that is actually quite easy. Most simple setups can be done in 5 minutes including truss-rod adjustments. You just have to get used to how the trem works and how each part works with the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts