Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory Guitar accessory String instrument

What do I have? First ones serial F750513

Swirly serial f613987

I like them both, just wondering if they're legit

·
Registered
284 Posts
Gonna need more detailed, less blurry pics. Don’t know about the second one, but the first one seems questionable to me.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The first one is definitely not a JEM. The monkey grip isn't the right size or in the right spot. Looks like a RG JEM clone... It's like one of those guys who converts their '69 fast back mustang into a '69 mach 1 or BOSS 429 lol. But yeah I second the needing better pics comment from 3bolt. Way too blurry... Looks like they were taken in 2005 with a cheap digital camera.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Undoubtedly both fakes/custom bodies, possibly with real RG necks. Echo the other comments, need better photos front and back.

·
Registered
375 Posts
First one is an rg550 neck on a custom body. The body can't be authentic and modified because the volume knob would be closer to the pickups with that serial number. Second is a refinished 1996 rg570 I think. Guessing d/t less than stellar pics.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well, the only way to know if the bodies are legit is to pop the necks off and check for stamps in the neck pocket.

The top one could be an old square heel body that's been stripped and monkey gripped, in theory.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Interesting is the swirl on the second one. Very similar to early ATD swirls. Look if there is an ATD stamp in the pocket .
Cheers !
Wolfgang

1 - 8 of 8 Posts