Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone able to help me with identifying this RG please?

It appears to be a 2002 FujiGen model (serial: F0222932), but I believe that means it should have 'Prestige' on the headstock...which it doesn't.

The active pickups were installed retrospectively and the pickguard + back plate have been replaced.

Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument accessory String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar Musical instrument accessory String instrument String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is anyone able to help me with identifying this RG please?

It appears to be a 2002 FujiGen model (serial: F0222932), but I believe that means it should have 'Prestige' on the headstock...which it doesn't.

The active pickups were installed retrospectively and the pickguard + back plate have been replaced.
Judging from the tremolo I think it could be an RG450. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but they came in a dark blue finish and had the TRS tremolo. They were MIJ, but not Prestige.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were! The trem is the weak part, otherwise they're a great buy on the used market. Do you have any plans for it?
I hadn't spotted the budget trem. It's not mine - it's being advertised on Gumtree and the photos I shared are all I've seen of it. £200 seemed far too good to be true for a FujiGen RG, but I was hoping someone simply didn't know what they were selling. 😅

·
Registered
9,452 Posts
If it's MIJ and pre-edge pro, then it's likely a LO-TRS, which is far better than the LO-TRS II that everyone tries to lump it with. It's actually a well built trem, and will function just fine if not destroyed by someone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If it's MIJ and pre-edge pro, then it's likely a LO-TRS, which is far better than the LO-TRS II that everyone tries to lump it with. It's actually a well built trem, and will function just fine if not destroyed by someone.
I had an RG470 from the late nineties with a Lo-TRS once. It was okay, and worked well for playing at home. I would never gig it with my metal band, where the tremolo gets abused a lot in some of the songs. I don't know the guitar's history, but the rest of it (frets, other hardware) showed little wear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.