Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyones,

I've found an RG570 to sell in a market, i have not see it except a picture and I'm wondering if my identification is good, here's the fact.

-The shop say it's an RG570
-The color seems gray
-The pickup are V7/S1/V8 combo
-She have shark tooth inlays
-The guy said it's a 2000, but i'm not sure because he don't tell me the serial and was not used to identifying years with them
-I have this picture: w ww. musiquegagne. co m/ annonces.php?sec=3&item=3600 (look out for the spaces!)

As I know, it's an RG570EXCPK.

If i'm right, I think there's an Edge trem on it. Is the price seems right to you, I'm looking for my first RG and I think it will be a great start!

Thanks you!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I can't seem to get the picture bigger, but by the small picture it looks more like a Lo-pro Edge trem. Rg570 EX seems to be correct anyway. 2000-2001 seems to be about right as well-suppose it got AANJ?. Probably a bibinga stripe to?As for all the other questions i am sure somebody in here will help you out, i can't read anything on that site so.... my french isen't what it suppose to be...hehe

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're right.

My identification seems right, but it's a Lo-pro Edge, according to this catalogue scan!

htt p://multiply.co m/mu/schizinc/image/12/photos/313/600x600/9/ibanez20aku20wehhhhhh...20dalam20katalog20ler.....jpg?et=4QrxRkImeaN7jg6XwMv2bA&nmid=110612324

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
yeah thought it looked like a Lo-pro. Know alot Rg570 got the Original Edge trem, but it might be some changes the years after 2000, i know for sure some or several 570 made in 2000 got the OE trem, so lets say it's a 2001 and they changed to Lo-pro or just for some of the 570 xx. Not sure but some of the RG kingpins in here will know i am sure. How much is it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, that's very interesting. So much to know! :)

So, are do you think that would be a good choice? I'm always not so sure if the price is fair.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

So, are do you think that would be a good choice? I'm always not so sure if the price is fair.
Well that price of 550 Canadian Dollars works out at around £350 (British) which is what you would probably pay top end for one of those, excellent condition with case, in the UK.
I played one of the 570exCPK models the other week as a guy who comes to me for guitar lessons bought one and i thought it was great, really cool guitar, fantastic neck.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

I really don't know if Canadian $ is about the same as US $. I do see that you could get some quite nice RG550-570 for imo very little money, but i have also seem some ppl wanting a lot for thire 550( i think thay are so sure everybody want's maple so they take a chanse). Anyway i won't go into guidelines about the price as i think somebody is better suited for that.
What i would pay is between 300-500 $US, might be a little more depending on condition.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well that price of 550 Canadian Dollars works out at around £350 (British) which is what you would probably pay top end for one of those, excellent condition with case, in the UK.
I played one of the 570exCPK models the other week as a guy who comes to me for guitar lessons bought one and i thought it was great, really cool guitar, fantastic neck.
Yeah they are damn good guitars...working horses so to speak. Care for them and they last a long time and they look very good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
wa thinking the same that the 2020 with dubble edge bridge would be cool. Dubble edge=peizo=aucustic mic..i belive...
Wow that's awesome, explains the different finish a bit. :cool:
All about Graphtech, but that would be cool as well, must be hard and expensive to get that one?
Still really interested what those switches do exactly, guess one toggles the piezo?
Also the original retail price would be interesting.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts