Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the proccess of making a new RG body, I just know my Edge and edge pros, what do you recommend?
Iwould like to change to the newer trems, hence I got to specify the trem type. I;m kind confused between Edge pro, Edge III, II? I
Thanks

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
forget about the EdgePro II and Edge-III. all the rest is up to you. just consider that the bearing-ball trems have pretty different feel than the traditional Floyds, probably due to the ZPS, and they also are very precise and they virtually never wear out (they don't have knives).

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Edge and Lo-Pro Edge are excellent trems!
Edge Pro is a derivate of the Lo-Pro Edge. Pay attention to the trem posts!

Then there are the ZR and the brand new Edge Zero.
ZR is a completely different approach to a trem (uses ball bearings instead of a knife edge).
Edge Zero is the mix between ZR and Edge: uses Edge's knife edge and ZR design and spring block.

The feeling of the Edge and Lo-Pro Edge is just fantastic: very solid and stable.
I have never tried the Edge Pro with the correct posts, so, I will not say anything.

The ZR is very smooth. I have never tried it without the "zero point system".

Never seen the Edge Zero in person...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
yes, all these three are definitely below the EdgePro. IMO, in order of quality:

1) Edge, LoPro Edge, EdgePro, ZR, EdgeZero, SynchroniZR
2) EdgePro-II, Edge-III, Lo-TRS II
3) TRS101, Lo-TRS
4) Single Locking

my 2 cents ;)
+1

I would also add to #1 the OFR, OFR Pro, Gotoh and Schaller trems (locking) and Wilkinson (non-locking - use with locking tuners).
;)

Go for option #1.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the ZR if you have never played them before and have only played with Edges. They do feel different, and whether you like them better or worse is going to be a preference thing. So if you are thinking about one of those, I would at least go and try a guitar with one in it beforehand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.