Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal. I can get either of these guitars, but what would YOU do?

Option A

Ibanez Joe Satriani JS20S. With the cool surfer graphic. Not the JS20th.

Pro's
1 I can have it "now"
2 Cool Graphic
3 Joe Satriani rocks
4 Nice case, brand new with all case candy.
5 Limited Edition, might be worth something years from now. (I wanna play it though)

Con's
1 Made in Indonesia or China
2 Cheaper Ibanez pickups, not DiMarzio's
3 Ibanez Edge III bridge Price $1299.00

Option 2

Ibanez RG 1527 Prestige 7 String

Pro's
1 Prestige, Japanese Ibanez.
2 Prestige Case
3 7 String
4 Royal Blue kicks butt!!
5 Killer quality

Con's
1 I gotta wait a month for it to come in.
2 Price $999.00
3 ...

Other stuff
I have 7 guitars including a Newbergh Steinberger, ESP KH-2, Ibanez Jem Pmc, Ibanez Prestige in silver, 1991 RG 550DY, custom explorer, and a Kramer neck thru.

So? What whould you guys do???

·
Registered
458 Posts
I´d go with the prestige, the js being that is not the japanese model will probably not raise its price after some years, and the edge III bridge just kills it.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm not telling you what to do but I would get the JS...

In fact I've been thinking about getting one myself...I want the 20th, and can afford to get it, but I have the Jem 20 and I would totally have to hear sh!t from my wife because of it. When she spends money it's never a lot so I can't even throw that back at her...Dammitt!! :D

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
A lower priced, better quality guitar, or one with a picture of a comic book hero on it......

decisions decisions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A $1,300 guitar made in China... are you serious?

Neither of those sound very appealing. There's so many GOOD Ibanez guitars in that range. The 80's Ibanez's are starting to get some age on them and sound sooooo sweet.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice so far guys. I did actually buy a Fender American Deluxe Strat, but since I usually play metal, it didn't work out so good. Also I have a 1991 RG 550DY and a 1989 Jem PMC, so I have old Ibanez and I love them. I have NO 7 strings though, which is why I wanted the RG1527. I am definatly leaning toward the 1527.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Actually, I was going to suggest getting a ding-ed up JS1000 and then having it refinished with the surfer graphic.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Scrap both of them and get a good American Deluxe Strat.
Dude are you insane?? The whole point of buying one or the other Ibanez's up for selection is you want a guitar with a nice locking trem and flexible pickups. A strat certainly isn't anywhere near the mark regards trem flexibility, tuning stability and hum free high volume sounds, plus the only really good strat is the Elite anything else is just a Porsche Boxster nipping at the heels of the mighty 911 turbo....

The JS is a good guitar BUT if your not getting Satchs i.e. Dimarzios and the coiltap and volume capacitor thingy don't bother, as for the 7 string why not just a Universe its much better??

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
The whole point of buying one or the other Ibanez's up for selection is you want a guitar with a nice locking trem and flexible pickups. A strat certainly isn't anywhere near the mark regards trem flexibility, tuning stability and hum free high volume sounds, plus the only really good strat is the Elite anything else is just a Porsche Boxster nipping at the heels of the mighty 911 turbo....
Uh-oh...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dude, I would LOVE to get a Universe. Unfortunatly they are $800 more. I could get a nice used one, but there aren't any at the places I have a credit card. Don't bother with the used Universe Swirl in Guitar Centers stock. $6,000 is a bit much. I still appreciate all the advice. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oh no sir! The deluxe by comparison is a modified standard strat, the elite has the cool lace sensor pickups, the ebony fingerboard the LSR roller nut and a supreme feel of excellence and quality, why have cotton when you can have silk??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts