Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello every1, im the new guy here.
I need help regarding this Ibanez that i found near me for sale.
It's supposed to be 1996 RG542AH made in Japan.
Any1 know's anything about that particular model? There is almost no info on the internet.
I guesing it's supposed to be great guitar.
Any info will be helpfull, ty in advance.
Cheers

Pups r
Bridge Pickup: Dimarzio Fred (DP-153, F-Spaced)
Neck pickup: Dimarzio PAF Joe (DP-213, F-Spaced)

The seller claims that neck dimensions are like JEM neck from 93-95, not like RG Wizard neck.

(seller's text) Neck :Ibanez JEM (1993-1995) - Width Nut: 43mm; 24th: 57mm
Thickness 1st: 19mm, 12th: 21mm
Radius 17''

Attachments

·
Registered
2,363 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Cool guitar... Wizard II neck, according to the Wiki page on it: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/RG542AH

Good luck... Seems like a nice guitar. I'd be curious to hear how an Ash bodied RG sounded with those pickups!
Though *usually* ok, be careful with the wiki as it has a fair amount of incorrect information as well. Useful resource, but not inherently reliable overall.

At any rate; I double checked the actual catalog and its a "1 pc maple" "wizard ii" neck. Not sure why dude would claim otherwise; unless hes talking about a JEM7DBK; then yes, yes it is :D Guitar looks pretty good, great pickups, and what I would imagine would be a killswitch or phase/coil switch is installed towards the bottom.

This guitar will comparable in quality and function to any 550/570, etc of the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it. It's has 1pc maple neck, everything is in great shape. Few dings at body, but hey is a 26 year old guitar. I like pickups very much, kinda vintage tone but with great bite. Its stays in tune perfectly, neck is very stable and comfortable. It has new jescar jumbo frets done flawless, with lowest action u can get, bridge screws are nailed to the body. Someone added killswitch, but i instaled new dimarzio 500k pots rewire everything and since i dont need it is out of circuit. It just hangs in there. Previous owner got new original input jack and 5way switch that came with guitar. Great guitar, its a keeper. Ty guys for info. Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts