Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site and an owner of a bunch of Ibanez guitars so I thought it would be worth making an account. I recently acquired an Ibanez RG550 in yellow with the matching headstock. The only thing is there is a name under the Ibanez logo that is partially missing. I can't seem to find any info about it. I have lots of pics if anyone needs. I can see MORRISSE... it's missing wtv is after that and the next word days CUSTOM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a ton of pics, I own an RG550 road flare red from 1987 and seems like they are the same guitar, just thr headstock writing under the Ibanez logo is the only thing I haven't seen before. Unfortunately, I don't have a serial number on the neck. Just the neck joint says 550 on the bottom of the neck and the neck pocket on the body.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a nice DY. I'd guess it's a 1987 one, which probably had the serial on the silver sticker at the back of the headstock. I don't suppose there's a bit of a shadow in the finish from where it used to be? Not sure about the extra text under the tick, I haven't seen that before either. Apart from that, it's like any other 550, right?

If you have a blacklight, you'd probably be able to see more stuff, like the remnants of the logo, and so on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahahah
I was reading the list and saw “help my identify this” and I expected something non specific and then you include the model
I think you’re good to go bro (lol jk)
Yes! I understand it's an RG550 but the name under the Ibanez logo is something I've never seen. Just was hoping to see if someone knows the name or what it's from. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Yes! I understand it's an RG550 but the name under the Ibanez logo is something I've never seen. Just was hoping to see if someone knows the name or what it's from. Thanks!
I've never seen anything like that under the logo... Could it be a logo for a big Ibanez retailer back in the day?

With all of the Ibanez experts that know so many details about Ibanez models I expected someone on here to know exactly what it meant. Could be very rare and worth $50k... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.