Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not you much of guitars, but do explain to me it is possible to play any I generate musical with a JEM o JS, whichever it is the pattern, or does he/she have to have specifications for each guitar?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Distantshore said:
Am I the only one confused by this post?
im guessing that Camys english isnt great, but thats ok i think whats being asked is are the JEM/JS models good for different genres/styles of music.

i think that it matters how you play of course but i think the Satch & vai models are very versitile.. although ive played more JS guitars than JEMs. i have a freind who used to play guitar (i still cant belive he gave up! he got awards for how good he was!!) he has a JS and would play Shred, jazz (his personal forte) blues and just plain ol' rock 'n' roll and it sounded pretty damn sweet..

but anyway welcome to the forum Camy hope this has helped

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Mr. S said:
im guessing that Camys english isnt great, but thats ok i think whats being asked is are the JEM/JS models good for different genres/styles of music.

i think that it matters how you play of course but i think the Satch & vai models are very versitile.. although ive played more JS guitars than JEMs. i have a freind who used to play guitar (i still cant belive he gave up! he got awards for how good he was!!) he has a JS and would play Shred, jazz (his personal forte) blues and just plain ol' rock 'n' roll and it sounded pretty damn sweet..

but anyway welcome to the forum Camy hope this has helped
Outstanding work Mr. S I believe you got it...and yes welcome to Jemsite Camy!

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
that's possibly one of the things that has kept the Jem, UV and JS lines around so long - the versatility.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
rufes said:
I do not find the JS very versatile....
Joe does;) he gets a ton of tones and feels with his. i don't have one yet but i would guess with the pup combo, volume knob and the right touch you could get most of the sounds you might use in most given situations. i might be overgeneralizing and again, i personally don't own one. i only respond because i own lots of different guitars and the only things that i consider when i choose which to take to a gig (usually at least 3 guitars) and which ones to play for each set with my band is trem or non-tremmed. we play a variety of stuff and i don't have to much trouble coaxing what i need from most of my guitars - of course "Elvis" ('04 7VWH) gets my biggest thumbs up for versatility. some do get better clean and some get better dirty but all seem to do the jobs i require of my axes - they get "deported" if they don't.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's true that the 7Vwh es incredibly versatile. It's my main guitar when I gig. I only use a Les Paul for 3/4 songs. The rest is for the Jem.

It's curious.... I laughed when I saw you guitar's name because my wife says the Jem is Elvis' guitar. She says it's only missing a cape LOL

·
Registered
403 Posts
yes, you can play all styles but it's clear what kind of music the JEM was designed for.
Regading the JS, not much experience on that model but having tried many JS's I'm in agree with Rufes' comments.
In the case you're serious and have some money to expend, you will need different models (and brands) to play different styles. i.e. I'm now looking for Metal style (ESP Eclipse) and Blues/Rock (Gibson Les Paul, Supreme model if I'm lucky) but I can actually play all these with my FP.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It appears as though Camy has typed a foreign language into a english translator and that is why the post appers so strange.

In answer to the question(I think), the Jem is a little more versatile than the JS in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
panacea151 said:
It appears as though Camy has typed a foreign language into a english translator and that is why the post appers so strange.

In answer to the question(I think), the Jem is a little more versatile than the JS in my opinion.
Yes it's true from what I've heard from everybody the Jem is much more versatile than the JS :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.