Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but i couldn't quite determine what would be the correct forum to put this in... anyway...
I'd like to improve myself as a vocalist. I play guitar in an experimental metal band, and i'd like to get to where i could sing and scream some backups and such. As is it, i have an okay voice, but it could be a lot more powerful. My vocals typically sound really stale and unexciting, and they are usually a little nasaly. Any tips or tricks to becoming a better vocalist that i could be overlooking?
As for screams, i'd love to be able to blare it out like Jens Kidman (Meshuggah) or the vocalist from Mnemic. As it is now, i can't do anything without hurting my throat really badly after just a few short screams. This area needs more help than my actual singing voice.
Any help is appreciated!
Ben

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
the voice is a muscle like any other in your body.
the more you use it, the better shape it gets in.
Just keep doing it and you'll start sounding better. it may be months or years, but it'll happen.
I'm living proof.
~K

·
Registered
414 Posts
Jupiter said:
Hey guys!
Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but i couldn't quite determine what would be the correct forum to put this in... anyway...
I'd like to improve myself as a vocalist. I play guitar in an experimental metal band, and i'd like to get to where i could sing and scream some backups and such. As is it, i have an okay voice, but it could be a lot more powerful. My vocals typically sound really stale and unexciting, and they are usually a little nasaly. Any tips or tricks to becoming a better vocalist that i could be overlooking?
As for screams, i'd love to be able to blare it out like Jens Kidman (Meshuggah) or the vocalist from Mnemic. As it is now, i can't do anything without hurting my throat really badly after just a few short screams. This area needs more help than my actual singing voice.
Any help is appreciated!
Ben
And like any muscle on your body, gets hurt if you dont use it right.
Get someone to teach you the basic vocal exercises

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.