Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
there are plenty of choices for a grand...

If I were you, and the scenario is : this is my first guitar, at least my first ibanez , I would check the dealer whether they can find me a new RG 2620 CBL or RG 2570 E from 2005.
because this is my first guitar ( or my first ibanez), I prefer to stay away from used guitars.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jkahrs said:
Give us a little more information and I'm sure we can help you spend that cash. Are you looking for a beginner guitar, intermediate, or high end? What features are you looking for in the guitar? --Jason
lets say a guitar that covers beginner intermediate player or expert =] and i need a double locking tremolo umm dimarzio pickups ( or not, ill jus get them wired later )

or maybe an F HOLES lol jk, ill get the real PGM wen i get a steady summer job hahaha

thanks guys for helpin

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Whenever threads like these come up, the used market always deserves a mention. You can get a used pre '05 RG3120 which already come with Dimarzio's Paf Pro and Tone Zone combo. Maybe even a used 5xx, get replacement Dimarzios and still have some cash for other accesories ( a pedal etc...). You can also get a used 7DBK for around that price. If you prefer new items, might a suggest the 2xxx series. The stock pickups aren't bad at all and the looks are just plain sexy. ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wowwie >_< i was expectin the prices was probably about 800-1000 but RG2570 cost like 1200 and RG2620 around 1125 umm guys how about RG1570?? or should i just a PGM which cost like 1300?

i was plannin to use the rest of the money to get me a better 30w amp

·
Registered
477 Posts
You almost always get more bang for your buck buying used. For under $600 you can pick up a clean used RG5XX or RG7XX series guitar, with Dimarzio's, or any other aftermarket pickups, already in it. If you keep an eye out for them, you can usually find a nice used PGM300 for around $800. --Jason

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
jkahrs said:
You almost always get more bang for your buck buying used. For under $600 you can pick up a clean used RG5XX or RG7XX series guitar, with Dimarzio's, or any other aftermarket pickups, already in it. If you keep an eye out for them, you can usually find a nice used PGM300 for around $800. --Jason
+1

I recently bought a 770 with Dimarzio Tone Zones for $350. Still waiting for it though. ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
ur best bet would be to go into a guitar shop, sit ur ass down, and play, play everything, get a feel for what u want and what you are looking for, its all personal preference, if all guitars were the same, there would only be a single model for every brand.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
guitardevil2005 and kamikaze hehe thanks =]

ill sit my a** in guitar store =] probably local guitar center and kamikaze where do i get a used guitar? ( other than **** and local ) =]

thanks guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.