Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Get an edge trem and rout out the cavity. Ive done it to a couple guitars and its very easy to do. The only thing is you will lose some visible material that will make the cosmetics of the guitar look choppy. If you need pics to see what I mean, just PM me. I dont have time to take them now.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
I've used a dremmel and some sand paper to fix a cavity for retro-fitting an Edge trem. You may not get the neatest job done but it does it. I'd just get a Gotoh Licenced Floyd Rose for the job though. Should be a direct fit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
an OFR and Gotoh should be a direct fit. I'd suggest a Gotoh coz it's cheaper and equally as good if not better than an OFR.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah a Edge III bridge but when I try to dso some whammy work the freakin bar comes out of the socket ....it's like it's not long enough. I don't have that problem on my 1550... I changed the pickups in it so it sounds and plays good so I am happy with it except for that.

·
Registered
676 Posts
there is a screw in the underside you can tighten to keep the bar from pulling out. An OFR does directly swap in witout any mods as will a gotoh floyd, i did it to mine. chef21

1 - 10 of 10 Posts