Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i REALLY need your help, and FAST. Im planning to buy a YAMAHA RGX 1212J, which i've been told its pretty good for my budget. One piece maple, floyd rose yamaha, gotoh, etc.. but what i really need to know, is if it is an original guitar. The serial is SO 01106, but i cant seem to verify it anywhere... PLEASE i need your help, AND FAST!! So i decide myself whether to buy it or not.

PS: it is an online sale, so thats why i cant test it, and if i buy a fake one, well.. too late. Oh yeah i send you an image maybe some of you recognize it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
What do you mean by original, it is stock from the day it was made or is it actually a Yamaha and not a Chinese knockoff? It doesn't look stock to me, the bridge humbucker has been swapped so in that regard it isn't original. I don't believe the Chinese are knocking off old guitars, only new ones, and that bridge would be difficult to forge and would likely get a Floyd knockoff if it was Chinese, so in that regard it doesn't look like a counterfeit either.

I would probably chance it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info jim777, i actually bought the guitar today and checked it very well (i meant original as really made in japan by yamaha and not a random guy in hong kong). Im really pleased with its sound, its great! Yeah the humbucker is not an original one but i think its better this way. Probably ill swap the other singles too.

Youre right, some pieces are too hard to copy (like the yamaha floyd system, it seems a little complicated) and the sound and comfort is just too good to be a chinese copy. Really pleased with it.

Too bad i couldnt find the serial, now its just plain curiosity.

PS: I thought it was a copy because it looked so "new" on the pictures, but i guess im just lucky :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts