Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i got a beautiful RG2550 for Xmas but whenever i put the high e string up to full tension it breaks. The factory d'addario .009 broke at the nut when i was stretching it in. I bought another d'addario 9, same again but at the machine head. Then i bought another 9 and that broken when i plucked it gently after locking the nut. Finally, i bought d'addario .010's and set it up but the high e string broke at the machine head when i did a slight bend. All other strings are fine and im almost in tears because i havent been able to play it since it was delivered a week ago. Any ideas why i need all the help i can get !
Thanks Elliot,

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Neader said:
Hey, i got a beautiful RG2550 for Xmas but whenever i put the high e string up to full tension it breaks. The factory d'addario .009 broke at the nut when i was stretching it in. I bought another d'addario 9, same again but at the machine head. Then i bought another 9 and that broken when i plucked it gently after locking the nut. Finally, i bought d'addario .010's and set it up but the high e string broke at the machine head when i did a slight bend. All other strings are fine and im almost in tears because i havent been able to play it since it was delivered a week ago. Any ideas why i need all the help i can get !
Thanks Elliot,
Go to ibanezrules.com (banner above) and read the tech section about the Edge pro trem and how to set it up probably.

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That is wierd and very unfortunate and I feel bad for you. That would be terribly frustrating.

Is it breaking at the same place EVERY time ? Do you use a tuner to tune it ? And what tuning are you using ? Standard ? E A D G B E I ask because if you're guessing or tuning by ear maybe you're tuning it too high maybe ? The added tension would make you break strings easier, especially if they are breaking at different points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.