Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just installed Cubase SX3 and my new Maudio Delta audiophile2496 sound card. When I first ran cubase it told me to run Asio multimedia setup. After the test I get the message "The test was not successful. The current setup did not produce reliable sync information. Please refer to the trouble shooting PDF for further information."

I can't find a trouble shooting PDF but i know this is a good card and its probably to do with some configuration error on my part.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thx

Al M

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
erikm5150 said:
that's ok, you won't be using "asio multimedia" anyways.
you should be using the asio drivers for your sondcard.
also, make sure that you have the latest drivers for your soundcard.
Is Asio Multimedia something to do with midi and audio? I will be using cubas as a midi and audio sequencer!

·
Registered
129 Posts
you shouldnt be using asio multimedia you should be using maudio asio (its a option under audio or midi cant remember off hand ) and your 2496 card is asio 2 compliant which basically means you can direct monitor (ie listen to what you record whilst hearing the backing track though becareful how you set up your ins and outs or youll record what your listening to including the backings i recomaend finding a book on how to use cubase sx (i prefer vst anyways) also for your test make sure other souncards ie inbuilt ones are DISABLED in control panell and make sure the m audio is set to be main card to sound all the windows sounds and such otherwize the cubase test wont find it if its failing the buffer tests id send the maudio card back or check what buffers your running as i said get hold of a cubase book its explained in depth in them more than i can here

·
Registered
129 Posts
and to a1-m you will need a semi decent soundcard (asio compliant ) like the m audio yo ucan get em for around 100 uk you can get away with using a audigy card and old soundblaster live cards if yo uget a modded driver from the kx project and make sure yo uselect the cards asio driver never mutimedia as the cards will get you a lower latency (latency is how quickly you hear the note youve plucked or done on keyboard cubase is a sequesncer so yes u can do audio and midi on it with a decent card hope this helps clear it up for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.