Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a used 1996 hamer slammer series diablo with a licensed floyd rose. one problem though, the FLOYD WONT STAY IN TUNE! i've ruled out that it's nut a locking nut problem, i've stretched the strings, i've made the bridge is parallel to the body, it still simply wont stay in tune when i whammy. due to this, i blocked the springs in the tremolo cavity for now so that i dont have to worry about it, but eventually im gonna want to use my trem. any ideas anyone? i've heard that i should lubricate the knife edges, does anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just picked up a used 1996 hamer slammer series diablo with a licensed floyd rose. one problem though, the FLOYD WONT STAY IN TUNE! i've ruled out that it's nut a locking nut problem, i've stretched the strings, i've made the bridge is parallel to the body, it still simply wont stay in tune when i whammy. due to this, i blocked the springs in the tremolo cavity for now so that i dont have to worry about it, but eventually im gonna want to use my trem. any ideas anyone? i've heard that i should lubricate the knife edges, does anyone know how to do this?
DSCOTTYO........HAMER GRURUE.....IF YOUR FLOYD DOES NOT HAVE ANY CHIPS ON THE EDGE OR THE BOLT IT RIDES ON.......THEN TRY THIS...

AFTER LOCKING ALL THE NUTS AND BOLTS.......TUNE THE E A D STRINGS FIRST...
THEN PUT THE REST OF THE STRINGS ON.....MAKE SURE...YOU HAVE THREE SPRINGS
CONNECTED...I USE PLACE MY SPRINGS WITH ONE IN THE MIDDLE AND THE OTHER TWO..JUST INSIDE THE OUTER EDGE....MAKE SURE THE SPRINGS ARE FRESH...
YOU CAN BUY NEW SPRINGS CHEAP...
BUT,,,MAKE SURE YOU USE 10 / 46...DIADARIO...STRINGS........THESE ARE THE BEST..
I'VE USE ON MY HAMERS......DON'T BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE FIRST DAY THE STRINGS ARE ON,,,,ALL GUITARS WILL NOT STAY IN TUNE WITH NEW STRINGS....AFTER A DAY OR TWO THEY WILL SET IN,,,AND STRETCH..........

IF THIS DOESNT WORK....THEN BUY A USA HAMER.......AND REPEAT PROCESS....
GOOD LUCK.....

·
Registered
336 Posts
DSCOTTYO........HAMER GRURUE.....IF YOUR FLOYD DOES NOT HAVE ANY CHIPS ON THE EDGE OR THE BOLT IT RIDES ON.......THEN TRY THIS...

AFTER LOCKING ALL THE NUTS AND BOLTS.......TUNE THE E A D STRINGS FIRST...
THEN PUT THE REST OF THE STRINGS ON.....MAKE SURE...YOU HAVE THREE SPRINGS
CONNECTED...I USE PLACE MY SPRINGS WITH ONE IN THE MIDDLE AND THE OTHER TWO..JUST INSIDE THE OUTER EDGE....MAKE SURE THE SPRINGS ARE FRESH...
YOU CAN BUY NEW SPRINGS CHEAP...
BUT,,,MAKE SURE YOU USE 10 / 46...DIADARIO...STRINGS........THESE ARE THE BEST..
I'VE USE ON MY HAMERS......DON'T BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE FIRST DAY THE STRINGS ARE ON,,,,ALL GUITARS WILL NOT STAY IN TUNE WITH NEW STRINGS....AFTER A DAY OR TWO THEY WILL SET IN,,,AND STRETCH..........

IF THIS DOESNT WORK....THEN BUY A USA HAMER.......AND REPEAT PROCESS....
GOOD LUCK.....

·
Registered
672 Posts
If I'm correct, a standard floyd stud doesn't have the insert locking
stud at the bottom to lock it in place like a ibanez stud .
I have used teflon tape wrapped around the studs to help keep the
threads from the stud and stud insert from rocking when I used the trem,
also a little chapstik on the stud right where the knife edge meets the stud helps as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts