Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired Seymour Duncan hot rod humbucker set and I have some difficulties in installing them in a X-6 Cort VPR.
The specs of guitar are:
Pickups: Bluebucker BB-2F & BBEG5-M & BB-2R (H-S-H)
Electronics: 1 volume, 1 tone (w/ push pull), 5 way lever
Tuners: Die cast
Bridge: Double Locking III Tremolo
Selector type: Import
Actually I want to keep the same configuration but the new Seymour Duncan has 5 wires while the existing ones only 3.
So my idea was to disconnect the associated wires of the existing pickup (only thick ones Red (neck) and Green (bridge)) and connect the new pickup.
The problem is I have no clue what the colour code of existing pickup are in order to implement the H-S-H setup in the picture HSH attached.
More confusing is the HSH picture has diferent selector.
Any help with how wires goes where will be much appreciated

Regards,
Cristian

Attachments

Registered
The terminal scheme for import switches like the Cort work the same way as Fender style in the diagram, but the terminals just happen to be all in a line with the former. On Seymour Duncans, the black lead is 'hot' which would be equivalent to white on your stock pups, Duncan red and white together = Cort red, and Duncan green and bare go to ground (Cort black). I think that should work if you swap it like that 馃.

Aftermarket pups like Duncans tend to give you all the start/finish leads for each coil to maximize your ability to have whichever wiring scheme they choose to do. In oem pups like Cort, they tend to combine some of the wiring, hence only three leads.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The terminal scheme for import switches like the Cort work the same way as Fender style in the diagram, but the terminals just happen to be all in a line with the former. On Seymour Duncans, the black lead is 'hot' which would be equivalent to white on your stock pups, Duncan red and white together = Cort red, and Duncan green and bare go to ground (Cort black). I think that should work if you swap it like that 馃.

Aftermarket pups like Duncans tend to give you all the start/finish leads for each coil to maximize your ability to have whichever wiring scheme they choose to do. In oem pups like Cort, they tend to combine some of the wiring, hence only three leads.
It worked like a charm

Hi.
It worked like a charm.
Many thanks for your help!
Regards
Cristian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.