Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime ago my guitar started to make a crackling sound so I decided to change the volume knobs. I tried to change it my self and took everything out and left it in its case and went to school when i came back my little brother had messed with it and took everything appart. Now i dont know how to put it all together. It is a Jackson Performer with seymour duncan pickups in H-S-H configuration, one volume and one tone knob, and a regular 5 way switch. Can anyone explain how i can fix my guitar. I know how to use a solder gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes...did not help much because im not a techy guy. The schematics they have ther are a bit complicated. I was hoping one of you could send me a picture or diagram I could understand.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Have a look at this, you should be able to understand the drawing.
Hum-sing-hum configuration, 1 vol, 1 tone, wired with coil taps using a standard american CRL-type switch.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/support/schematics/hum_sing_hum_vol_tone_spl.html

Note: if you don't want the coil taps on position 2 and 4, don't solder the red and white wires to the right hand side of the switch. Just join them together. You'll just end up getting the full humbucker and the single coil in positions 2 and 4.

(if none of that makes any sense to you, just follow the diagram and don't worry about it ).

·
Registered
116 Posts
it helps if you get confused easily to outline the wire colors in the diagram in the correct color , white , green , red , black also to color in the areas to sod. (ie. yellow) and areas to ground (ie. orange)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm back. Well I tried the diagram but guess what? It did'nt work. The switch I have has 8 little metal hanging out in a straight line. The one that is on the picture also has eight, but 4 on one side and 4 on the other. I tried them in order first and didnt work at all. I tried dividing them and acting as if one side was the first four and the other side was the other four and only the two humbuckers worked. Any other suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.