Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently grabbed a 99 MIJ RG 450AH to use as a player/thrasher that doesn't need to live in a case. I didnt notice this at the time of sale but the WIKI says it should have a TRS101 but this came with a TRS-LO (not the II). I figured that it possibly got changed or maybe they used these along with the 101's.

While cleaning it up I decided to take the neck off and take a look. Thats where I became a little lost. The Body is stamped with ARG450DX, Im guessing the A is for Ash? I havnt seen any 450DX from the MIJ years 99-02 in the matching body/headstock being Zinc Silver... I checked the neck and its stamped RG480AH which is the non pickguard version of the 450AH (like 570 to 550). I know using necks from other guitars provided they suit the description isnt new, Ive had it with some MIJ 7 string of the same era.

There are just too many anomalies here for me. Bottom line is, It looks like a RG450AH, has a great wizard neck and plays really well. But I would still like this cleared up if anyone knows if the TRS trems were swapped around and used on later runs and if the A on the ARG Stamp makes the body ASH? Im not about to bother stripping it. Im happy way but really prefer having these things clarified.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
The late nineties/early two thousand RG4xx series came with the better quality LO-TRS bridge. They're not quite as smooth to operate as the Edge, but they are built well, stay in tune, and last if looked after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts