Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to a point where I am feeling unfulfilled. I'm more stressed than challenged and I feel underpaid, overworked and underappreciated. I don't see my current career leading to anything worthwhile and it's time for a change. So I've come to you guys for some help deciding. I've narrowed my options down to two long time fantasies of mine, both of which I think are realistic. It will be a lot of work, but I think if I see a glimmer of hope on the horizon it will push me to do what it takes to make my dreams come true. So anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should go for being a pirate or a viking. Either way you get to do a lot of travelling, you can relieve a lot of stress on the job and you will be very well respected near and far. I just am having a hard time weighing the positives and negatives of the two and hammering out a decision. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I vote for pirate as well. Sure, vikings were cool when they conquered Scotland. That all changed after they discovered America, got their asses kicked by the Indians and were put on large Viking Reservations in North Dakota and Minnesota. Definitely cold, but not cool.

This thread has chat written all over it.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I don't know I've seen recently on a well known Credit Card commercial that many Vikings are now out of work themselves...So I'll have to go with pirate. Besides ask Jonny Depp its the best way to get girls.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
jay ratkowski said:
A peg leg or hook hand can be a great utility sometimes. The hook can be great in battle and with a wooden leg, you shouldn't have to worry about sinking should you ship go down.
Yeah, but floating bottom side up doesn't help! You need a wooden skull or something if THAT's the goal.

I say viking, because you have Malmsteen tunes you can play over the ship's CD system. What do you have as a pirate?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
jay ratkowski said:
A peg leg or hook hand can be a great utility sometimes. The hook can be great in battle and with a wooden leg, you shouldn't have to worry about sinking should you ship go down.
it'd be neat if you could get interchangeable hand accessories.

like, swap it out for an industrial sized bottle opener. be a big hit at parties. swap it out with a flashlight and show people to their seats at movies, etc.

so i'm voting for pirate. plus, pirate dialogue is tres chic. they get to say shiat like "scurvy". i have no idea what vikings say/said.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I'd say Pirate, but only because I like the ELP song so much. I think the Vikings probably got a LOT more women, too. Of course, if you leave out the Caveman option, who knows what career opportunities you'll miss down the road?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.