Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
Im really considering buying a jem 7vwh , i have played it and it feels and sounds great! but im only a bit hesitant buying it as i hear from some people that the bridge gives them alot of problems with tuning , intonation etc. so it would be great if i could get some feedback from some Jem owners about this!
thanks a lot!

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Every locking trem that is not setup properly gives problem... end of story. Some people are just bollocks and can say anything. Well, I can say fixed bridges are crap as well, but the real fact is no, fixed bridges can have intonation and tuning problem as well if not setup properly LOL to people who likes to talk crap.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you have experience with setting up a double locking tremolo you'll be fine. If not, let someone teach you how to set them up first, then try on your own. Over time you will gain experience from using it and setting it up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ive used floating trems for years but they still drive me round the bend, once the experience is there though they dont provide too many probs , just follow the same steps every time, especially when restringing and youll be fine

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Have someone show you how to do it the first few times. Most shops will let you be there to see. It's not rocket science but there are a few tricks to doing it quickly and efficiently. The people who complain about the bridge are the ones who don't know what they're doing and are too lazy to take the time to learn, blaming the tool for their inadequacy. Properly set up, the Edge Pro on a 7vwh will stay in tune better than a fixed bridge that has no locking nut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts