Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start off asking a question that has been bugging me for the last couple of weeks. Around Christmas time, I planned to get a new fx processor for my rack (Tri-Axis/2:90/tuner) because for the music I wanted to implement, along the lines of soundscapes and really ethereal/spatial sound, into my current music. I had narrowed down to the Eventide Eclipse because from what I've heard from people who own one and what it can do, it's among the higher end processors below 4 grand. But then last month, I caught wind of the Kurzweil KSP8 processor and it really got my attention. The Eventide seems great and all, but it's selling point is harmonization, and while it would be cool to play with that for a while, I really cannot see myself really using it all that much. The KSP8 seems to have everything I'm looking for, a plethora of delays, reverbs, and choruses and no harmonization to tie things up. I'm also interested in the general "wacky" effects that you cannot find in other units without coughing up a little money. It has been suggested to me that I invest in a G-Major or something along those lines, but I'm really looking for something that can hold me over for several years until I get decide to get an H8000 (or if I'll ever need one of those with the KSP8)

What exactly does the kurzweil excel at that would have me not get the Eclipse for it?

Do you guys have any suggestions or comments on would suit me?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I'd say that it is complete overkill and not exactly geared for a guitar rig.
It's an 8 channel system. You'd be wasting at least 6 of the 8 if you're running in stereo. 7 if you're just running a mono setup.

If you want to spend money on effects, I'd go with a G-force by TC or buy discrete boutique effects. If you really want to spend cash on a reverb/ delay, maybe grab a Lexicon.

Evintides are even overkiill for guitar rigs, but you can do a lot with them.
I would think if you integrated an evintide into your studio, you might get more use out of it.

Bamm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts