Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Im kinda new here. I just ordered myself a secondhand RG450 of a guy who has barely used it. I know a little bit about it but not enough. The colour is emerald green, i have never seen this before. Can someone post a link to an emerald green ibanez please? Any ideas what kind of 450's where made in emerald green? Also when it arrives i will be upgrading the pickups to a humbucker from hell and an X2N, any ideas what i could use for the middle single coil? and do i need to order the humbuckers with 4 conductor wiring?

Thanks a lot.

Ross.

·
Registered
725 Posts
hi there- welcome aboard

if you have pics of the RG450, it would be great.

the asian market has a wonderful Jap 450 out in 2003, still available today. if the 450 you are refering to has the TRS vibrato, i'd say you're better off not acquiring it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yeah, if it has some sort of TRS trem then it's not really worth acquiring. As for the single coil, a blue velvet, red velvet or hs-2 would be a good choice.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Oh, and to my knowledge all Dimarzio humbuckers come with 4 conductor wires and you can find diagrams of how to wire them correctly on the dimarzio website. Also, if you have any more question then email the Dimarzio staff at [email protected] and they will probably get back to you within 24 hours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
germX said:
hi there- welcome aboard

if you have pics of the RG450, it would be great.

the asian market has a wonderful Jap 450 out in 2003, still available today. if the 450 you are refering to has the TRS vibrato, i'd say you're better off not acquiring it.
Ok i see. Un fortunately i will not know until i recieve it. But hey it only cost me £150. I could always sell it on because its in very good condition. Any ideas how much it could be worth?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts