Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I know this has probably been covered but when I think of it, nothing springs to mind.

Can some recommend either a preamp, or a stompbox I can use with my POD 2 to get a high gain similar to that of the following bands:

Opeth, Nevermore, Dark Tranquility, Trivium, Cradle of Filth.

I know that's quite a wide range of distortions but even something to get me into the ballpark would be nice. The POD 2 on its own just doesn't sound modern enough (though I do LOVE the high gain sounds on it).

Cheers guys!
Joe

Edit: Completely forgot to say (although, its standard for most musicians), I'm on a budget. Cheap as you can please (I'll look at anything with reason though)!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Check out old Rocktron stuff, the GAP preamp, the Pro Gap, or the mAXE, all are analog. The Pro Gap is MIDI so you could hook it up and control it too. The Pro Gap Ultra is good too, it's digital and basically the same preamp as the original Chameleon or Voodu Valve. If you can find one of the first 3, they are usually pretty cheap.

$0.02,
Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.