Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...!

...a friend of mine is selling a Fender HM STRAT 2020 for 800 euros.... ( and i am thinking in case of buying AN upgrade bridge with Gotoh ) but i was ready to get a DK24 HH MIM brand new..

Same price in the end for both... around 1000 euros...

What would you choose and why ?? I am really confused

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well I have a 2020 reissue HM Strat in white/rosewood and an original blue/maple from 1989. They only made the reissue for 1 year, 2020. 800 Euro’s is a good price if it’s all original and in excellent condition.

The Charvels are always going to be available, the HM’s are not. The scale is shorter on the HM, at 25.1 inches. Also the HM is made in Japan, and QC and fit and finish on my reissue were flawless. The HM will likely increase in value over the years, or at least keep up with inflation(y)

I love my HM Strats. They are easy to play, and I will snag another one someday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have a 2020 reissue HM Strat in white/rosewood and an original blue/maple from 1989. They only made the reissue for 1 year, 2020. 800 Euro’s is a good price if it’s all original and in excellent condition.

The Charvels are always going to be available, the HM’s are not. The scale is shorter on the HM, at 25.1 inches. Also the HM is made in Japan, and QC and fit and finish on my reissue were flawless. The HM will likely increase in value over the years, or at least keep up with inflation(y)

I love my HM Strats. They are easy to play, and I will snag another one someday.
thank you !! Have you upgraded anything on you hm strat ?

·
Registered
566 Posts
how would you compare the original old one to reissue ?
‘Well, the originals have the TBX controls and a Kahler Spyder instead of a Floyd. I think the original that I have sounds a little better, bu parts are hard to come by. Quality is about the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
‘Well, the originals have the TBX controls and a Kahler Spyder instead of a Floyd. I think the original that I have sounds a little better, bu parts are hard to come by. Quality is about the same.
i see .... so quallity is the same .... that is the more important... i will upgrade hum and trem i think ....

·
Registered
566 Posts
i see .... so quallity is the same .... that is the more important... i will upgrade hum and trem i think ....
‘They are great guitars. If I was going to play it out I would drop in a better Floyd. The pickups sound awesome though on the reissue, it‘s just that the DiMarzio’s in the original with the TBX sound better, well different anyway, to me. I am keeping my eyes open for a pink one or a black one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts