Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got it yesterday a beautiful PGM30.A 2003 (wouldnt buy any other year),and just gotta give a quick review.It has the edge pro,and the other great thing about it is,i was gonna swap out the pickups and put in some Seymour Duncans.I dont even have to do that ,it already had a duncan distortion in the bridge!In great shape(like new).I bought it for a kinda back-up to my floral Jem.Thats almost a joke this thing goes toe-toe with my Jem,and as much as i dont want to say this, It might even be a little better.The neck is absolutely awesome.I cant believe how much ass this thing kicks!...........One other thing maybe someone can confirm this.I heard on the 2003 models besides upgrading with the edge-pro that they also put a better neck on it (a prestige,i think ive heard). Can anyone confirm this? Another Question .With the upgrades,the differences between the 30 and the 301 must be pretty minor now.From what i can tell its the pickups and the rosewood neck compared to the maple (i prefer rosewood anyways).Just thought id post this review for people that can appreciate it (Ibanez fanatics!).........for anyone thats had doubts about the PGM30,once again this thing just KICKS!!!! just make sure you get a 2003 model.......Looking at these and playing them both right now and i gotta say quality wise, besides looks,the quality is no better on one than the other,i actually like the neck on the PGM better than the floral.Bottom line is theres plenty of room for both.I'm just really gettin hooked on these Ibanez's....love to get an earlier Jem next like the 777 DY or the green or pink would be fine,just like to try the Jem with a maple neck. Gotta start hiding these from the wife!........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts