Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Okay, I'm in the middle of a load of projects at the moment, and I thought it was about time I shared a few pics of them, so here's one (other threads in other parts of the forum).

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=/93f3&.src=ph

I've posted pics of this guitar before (it's a 7 string I designed and built a few years ago with a synth pickup built in), but I've just stripped it, done a few mods, changed the ebony board for maple and stained it blue so I thought I'd post some new pics. It's been cleared but not polished yet. I have a mirror scratchplate for it aswell - can't wait till it's finished.

cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
173 Posts
Serratus, GREAT GUITAR. I like both fretboards.
Quick question: Am i seeing things or does that Midi pickup fit full 7 strings? Up till now, i've only seen ones for 6. Could you tell us more about your midi setup and what you run it through? Does the internal midi pickup really fit in such a small pickguard cavity?

Congratulations

brujo

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Axayacatl said:
Serratus, GREAT GUITAR. I like both fretboards.
Quick question: Am i seeing things or does that Midi pickup fit full 7 strings? Up till now, i've only seen ones for 6. Could you tell us more about your midi setup and what you run it through? Does the internal midi pickup really fit in such a small pickguard cavity?

Congratulations

brujo
No, the synth pickup only acts on the top 6 strings :( - it's a Roland Gk2A that I bought ready to fit into a guitar, so it comes in bits rather than with the triangular shaped black box that you normally stick on the front. And yes, it fits in the front and back cavities, although with that and coil-taps on both humbuckers (on the push-pull vol and tone pots) the cavities are pretty full ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts