Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you have and do you like it? the 2 main ones in my area are ADT and BRINKS. i have heard pros and cons. just looking for opinions. what i do not want is a BLARING alarm to go off if it's tripped. they are way too loud and with the animals, it's just something i don't want them to deal with. a regular, non-ear-piercing alarm is just fine. anyway, thoughts please, thanks.

steve

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have ADT and I think that they are a fine company. Actually a loud alarm is best because it attracts the neighbors attention and they will notice anything going on long before the cops get there. As for having animals, they have sensors that are made for that, they pick up movement only above a certain weight. I think ours is like 80lbs.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i should have been more specific on the animals topic. i meant, i don't want or need anything BLARING so as to freak the dogs out. it's painful being in a house with ear-piercing alarm, let alone dogs with keen hearing. it's cruel. i'm sure they can fix me up with something. it just needs to be loud enough where if someone is in there, they know it's been tripped. i heard stories from a couple people that ADT was lax at times and they don't monitor like they say they do. i'm sure that's with every co. i did have ADT out awhile ago and the rep they sent was odd. he was persistent in the upsell and got upset if i wasn't interested. he kept stalking the house and ringing the bell to see if i changed my mind, over the course of a couple weeks. i had to call ADT on it. i didn't sign with them for some reason. it was not good.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had adt and had nothing but problems with there equipment. I had to have it replaced 3 times, then I finally just pulled the system out.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
ADT SUCKS
Drop me an email with your budget and I can clue you into the overall hidden costs with ADT. The biggest is monitoring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts