Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive never had any truss rod problems or any problems with guitars ive had? ive just trolled most of this forum, and the amount of people with action problems or pck ups wired wrong or **** like that, i own a jem 555 right now and have an edge 3 and it never goes out of tune, am i just lucky or are people doing something wrong?

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts
Well consider that most people who don't have problems are not likely to post that on the forum. Only people with issues are likely to bring up these things. So the percentage of people who have issues may seem higher than it really is.

As to why people have problems, who knows. It probably varies person to person, anything from inexperienced players to manufacture issues.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im saying, ive only really owned ibanez and only ever bought them from online, and never had one blemish, tuning problems, or anything, im amazed that so many people have so many problems with factory guitars

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have an edge 3, and the only problems I ever had with it were my doing and it doesn't go out of tune, although it doesn't flutter half as well as other edge 3s.

Edit: The one problem I have that I don't think I had any part in is the part of the bar that goes into the trem is completely stripped of paint and I can't make it hold in place, it squeaks alot...

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
You would be surprised what a good setup can do for any guitar, especially one that's gotten a bad rap as a "crap" guitar. From what I gather, Korea's QC was more hit-and-miss thant what they eventually got out of Indonesia; but I got that as 3rd hand info so take that for what it's worth. I think the Jem555's were made a little better. I had a JS100 with the much-hated Lo-TRS2 and it was fine, but I heard horror stories about that guitar; particularly with neck warping!
My only major complaint about Indy guitars is the locking nut allen bolts strip; notably on the low E and A strings. This seems to happen to EVERY Indy guitar with a locking trem! I don't know if it's poor metal or poor precision on the locking nut. Ibanez (or the end-user for that matter) can fix this rather cheaply by replacing the locking nut with an aftermarket one from, say, Allparts.

·
Registered
940 Posts
This seems to happen to EVERY Indy guitar with a locking trem! I don't know if it's poor metal or poor precision on the locking nut. Ibanez (or the end-user for that matter) can fix this rather cheaply by replacing the locking nut with an aftermarket one from, say, Allparts.
Mine stripped at high e and I know of other Indo Ibanez's that havn't stripped at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts