Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This is probably in the wrong section but, humidity might damage an unfinished wood but normally no. Just changes the bow a bit from low to high humidity which is rectified by adjusting the truss rod in the neck.

·
Registered
540 Posts
solid body should be ok . i had a classical that went through a really cold winter with me and the finish cracked on the front and sides, i guess that was due to the wood shrinking or whatever the cold does?

also i cant get it over to Australia from the uk as i think the flight would kill it (its handmade and very sensitive)

i know when winter hits here all i have to do is a little adgustment on the truss rods usually and again the same in summer.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Too dry and your neck can warp, your finish can crack. Too humid your neck can warp too. Heat is a factor too, can add to warpage and lossen glued joints etc. Toocold can make things crack too. I'm sure somebody know's more than I do about this. Just treat your guitar like you would a child, and you'll be fine. If you'd be uncomfortable, it's probably bad for your guitar too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.