1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm interested in buying this guitar:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150796390874

I don;t like the decal though and tbh I think it would put me off buying. I've never used or had any experience of decals.

So before taking the plunge I wondered if anyone here knows how easy it is to remove such things and whether it is likely to cause damage, leave marks, etc.?

Cheers

Max

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I've delicately removed decals with T cut in the past but the one your looking at is on a matt or satin finish and would make a very obviouse mark so not really worth doing.

Al.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again

I'm so sorry for the misinformation and wasting people's time.... It turns out that the design is not a decal, but marking left from a decal that has previously been removed.

So the plot thickens!

The seller thinks it might be possible to polish out the marking. What do you guys think? And if it is possible, how would I go about it?

Cheers

Max

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I'd probably just leave it........I don't work on acoustics, but I do know they're much more sensitive to changes (sanding). I think that if the top is french polished it could make it even more difficult to remove.

It's a beautiful guitar.....If I were to buy it but couldn't live with the fade, I'd take it to a pro to fix.........just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts