Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been online much lately, so I thought I'd post this thread to ask how everybody is doing? How are things? Did I miss anything in my absense? :)

Me, I'm doing just fine. My music is really taking off and I'm very productive as far as writing goes so that's really fulfilling. I'm also recording a song now with a singer so stay tuned for that, ok? As I might post that one here for all of you to hear. It should be cool. It's a kind of pop/rock thing and you should hear her sing... I mean she's got a great voice! :)

Anyway, how is everyone?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm alright. Worrying about college stuff, just getting the final details under wraps. I also wanna learn how to use Reaper through my new Line6 Tone Port, though I have no clue what to do, so that's giving me trouble.

I'm also working on a guitar design for a contest, so that's a nice way to take my mind off things :)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm alright. Worrying about college stuff, just getting the final details under wraps. I also wanna learn how to use Reaper through my new Line6 Tone Port, though I have no clue what to do, so that's giving me trouble.

I'm also working on a guitar design for a contest, so that's a nice way to take my mind off things :)
I guess everybody who's in college worries about college! haha So don't worry about it. ;)

Good luck with everything! Glad you're OK. :)

"We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you... How are you?"
:)
lol I had to look this quote up in the internet as I haven't seen Star wars in ages! :) You know, I saw a video of Kurt Russel auditioning for the part of Han Solo on YouTube. He would have been pretty good, too! haha :)

In any case, rock on, everyone!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
WHO IS THIS?! WHAT'S YOUR OPERATING NUMBER?!?
BLAST!!!!!!! boring conversation anyway....

i'm keeping busy between work, my son, who will be 2 in a couple weeks, photography, editing video, and working on getting more clients for the recording studio. always learning, always working. too much to do

·
Registered
14 Posts
this is my first post to these forums and i am really liking it here so far. Lots of things to do and talk about, and it seems like there are some great people on here too.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Hi Alwin :D

I don't come here much these days, so only just noticed this thread, but it's great to hear you are doing well :D

Good luck with the music :D

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I'm fine, thanks. Haven't been around as much either. Seems like a lot of other regular posters kinda stopped posting too. Wonder what it is?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Heyyyy, everybody. Just noticed the newer posts... I figured the thread would just kinda sink and sink... lol But there are some more replies. Cool. :)

Nice to hear from you guys. Been wonderin' how you were... Nice to hear you're OK.

It was probably a rhetorical question but...I dunno why the other regulars are not so much around anymore... Maybe it's just a temporary thing, I dunno. I mean people's paths don't always cross, you know? And people's lives change... I mean I think mi2tom stopped posting as much as he did after he became a dad I think. But anyway, I think the regulars haven't forgotten about Jemsite after having posted so much here in the past. And sometimes when people have been away for a considerable time they pop up again to post for bit... Like I said, I don't think they've forgotten about Jemsite so I'm sure they'll be around now and then.

Anyway, I'll give you a bit of an update as far as my music goes. I'm working on 40 to 50 songs at the moment. My mind is flowing over with ideas! haha Which is really cool. But I'm only now happy with the quality of my mixes. It turned out to be more challenging than I thought it would be beforehand. And I'm a bit of a perfectionist, too! lol Anyway, seeing that I'm basically happy with the sound now, I should be actually finishing records soon. Which, if they're realized the way I hear them in my head should all be pretty cool.

Things have been pretty hectic at work, though. So that always kind of affects my creative moods. As it's all kinda stressful in certain ways and I have to feel good to create, you know?

Anyway, as I think I mentioned before I'll post some of my music on Jemsite when it's done.

I hope everybody keeps doing well and I'll see you around...

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. As weird as it is, Jemsite is like my online "home." I mean, it was one of the first forums I joined back in 2005 when I was 13 or so, and it's the place where I've learned the most. Some truly great people on here. I'll always be back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts