Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear guys,

Recently, I have test my POD XTLive through Fender Roc Pro. Amp are Head Cabinet amp.

The problem is when I connecting the cable from XTL to Roc Pro’s input, eventhough I had turned off the low and high knob and turned the mid full (as suggested on POD manual guide), the sound produced was very very sharp. or harsh?? BTW, I use Front Stack..

On the other side, the mid on XTL had been turned to full , presence and treble had been set to before 1 o'clock position. I used model SL0100 on XTL , I also tried to use it on model Line 6 Agro. All I want is a fat, creamy tone.

I also had tried to connecting my XTL to amp’s Return (PowerAmp Stack). After those trials, the sound produced is quite ok, but still sharp.

What could be the problem here ? Because when I tested it by headphone the sound is fairly ok.
What power amp is best for PODxt Live? How about Behringer Euro Power Amp?

Regards,

Andre

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Hmm, it could be that it is just the nature of the XT, however you might want to experiment with cabinet simulations, etc...(turn them off it they are on, or the other way round). I am not too familiar with line6 products, but i assume that the manual should explain how to turn cab sims on and off and change them.

Generally the best way to connect preamps to amps is using the fx loop return, so this should be the best thing to do. If the XT doesn't sound that great with the solid state power amp of your fender, it probably won't sound that much better with a different solid state power amp.

I think the Behringers are meant mostly for non-guitar applications, maybe something like the Rocktron Velocity would be good.

Either way, I think you should try to solve the sound issue with the XT itself first of all, I don't think that a better dedicated power amp will make that much of a difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts