Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the RG prestige range and see they use stainless jumbo frets now, I'm interested in knowing when they started this?

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dunc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've got a neck from an RG1070PBZ that has SS frets. This is a "premium" series. Interestingly, I read online (Ibanez fandom wiki) that this model was introduced in 2017, but my neck is dated 2016. I guess they started producing the necks a bit in advance of releasing this model.

This is my absolute favorite neck of anything I've ever played. I bought an S1070PBZ to get an essentially identical neck (slightly different woods used, but otherwise the same specs and contours) and wasn't disappointed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, they were doing SS on AZs and some premiums like iron label earlier (and some artist signature model(s) too). I guess market research told them to give it a shot on standard RG line and it seems to have been popular enough to keep around. I think 2019 was the first year they had stock RGs with stainless, from my minimal research. I guess it may varied by region, also. Rich would probably be able to say for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.