Votes: 12 14.5%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 11 13.3%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only been playing a couple of years.I've learned alot of scales and chords,I started just to solo off of scales and than I went to playing tab which I didn't like that much.Now Iam playing chords and riffing and so far that seems the most satisfying so far.Would you guys say that after two years this is a pretty normal path I have taken?I wonder what is going to make me better?Just playing,learning new things or just discovering things naturally by spending alot of time on the fret board?Thanks!

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Oh God I hate this question. Overall from the time I first picked up a guitar until now it'd be about 12 years. But that was stopping and starting until about a year and a half ago and I had a huge 3-4 year gap in between where I got side tracked and didn't play, so in terms of learning the instrument it's more like 3 years, lol. I can enjoy it now much more because there is no pressure to be "good" (I know thats pathetic but too many people thought I was going to be the next Hendrix and it made me struggle to provide the goods so I eventually had enough, teenage pressures! lol)

But yeah, if I'm to be truthful it's somewhere around the 12-year mark.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got my first acoustic at 10 (1979). Learnt what i was capable to learn up until i was 18, took a break for a year to follow a Rally Driving / motor racing obsession.
I carried on then up until 2000 (31 yo) and had a 2yr side step due to a business venture but continued to play when i could.
I got the obsession and GAS back about 3 yrs ago and never looked back.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.