I own:

Kramer Pacer Vintage (red sparkle) with OFR and SD pups
Kramer Nightswan (Blue Polka Dots) with FRT 1000 Floyd and SD pups
1989 Fender HM Strat (blue) w maple FB and Kahler Spyder and Dimarzios
2020 Fender HM Strat Reissue ( white ) with Floyd Special
Gibson Les Paul Studio ( Black )
Fender Vintera 70’s Strat (Sienna)
1979 Guild S300D (black)
2016 RS Custom guitars Brian May Replica (Red)
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic Electric(natural)
Music-man Stingray Bass (surf green)
Classical Guitar made by Stephen Faulk of Japan
2020 Jem Jr. SP (yellow)
2021 Jem7VP(white)
2006 Fender MIM Lefty Strat (wine red) for when my daughter visits

I was up to 20 at the first of the year. I’ve since sold 6, 2 of them just last week. And I have a new Premium RG coming at the end of the week.

If I could only keep one, I would have to go with the Brian May Replica. It is my most valuable guitar, money wise and my favorite guitar over all. It took me 37 years to get it lol. Next in line would be my Premium Jem if I could only keep 2. I went through and thinned the herd a bit this year, but everything I sold was just stuff that wasn’t being played. Here are some pics of the survivors. 37622DE3-7E6A-4703-93C2-94195CB1021D.jpeg 6BF8BFD2-C144-4D22-87B0-23565F286ABF.jpeg EBE67398-EEA6-48BA-A099-971D17C8146F.jpeg 925A9872-31E3-4A6D-9C3B-4B1F78719C68.jpeg 37622DE3-7E6A-4703-93C2-94195CB1021D.jpeg 6BF8BFD2-C144-4D22-87B0-23565F286ABF.jpeg EBE67398-EEA6-48BA-A099-971D17C8146F.jpeg 925A9872-31E3-4A6D-9C3B-4B1F78719C68.jpeg

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice stable, man. I'm not surprised about the RS (is yours the Supreme model?), it's also a bucket list instrument for me. Years ago I was going to have a luthier build me something with Tri-Sonics and BM wiring but life happened. Still have those Adesons waiting for a new opportunity. A Birch replica would be cool too, have seen some builders do them.

How does the new HM Strat compare to the original?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice stable, man. I'm not surprised about the RS (is yours the Supreme model?), it's also a bucket list instrument for me. Years ago I was going to have a luthier build me something with Tri-Sonics and BM wiring but life happened. Still have those Adesons waiting for a new opportunity. A Birch replica would be cool too, have seen some builders do them.

How does the new HM Strat compare to the original?
Mine is a 64 Special. I chose it because it is made out of real Mahogany and Ebony. Mine has the Burns Tri-Sonic moniker on the pups. The sound is fuller/rounder than the Supreme. They can’t badge the pups to say Burns anymore due to the fact that Burns is now making pups, albeit with different magnets. I could have had a Supreme, as it was only a few hundred more dollars, but the sound I was after was in the the one I chose. NAMM show demo guitar. When I bought it the new price was $6500 and the Supreme was a little over 8K.

The HM strat reissue doesn’t have the TBX system in it Like the old ones. It looks like the original, but it is different, still 25.1 inch scale though. I bought the reissue first, and then a guy came along with the real deal. I traded him a Fender American Special strat straight across for it. I had to do a level and crown on the 89. It is a shred machine now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's a really nice collection, 3bolt! And lately it seems you're adding high-quality items to the family. Must be a heck of a nice music room!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's my current collection, ranked in the order I'd keep 'em at the moment.

1. Candy tangerine PIA-style body with Ibanez RG1070 neck

Ibanez PIA 2021-05-25 3.JPG

2. Schecter C-1 SLS elite "Evil Twin"

Schecter Evil Twin 2021-05-25 3.JPG

3. Warmoth satin metallic gold strat with scalloped rosewood/canary neck

Gold Strat 2021-05-25 3.JPG

4. Ibanez S1070PBZ

Ibanez S1070-PBZ 2021-05-25 3.JPG

5. Warmoth sunburst strat body with Warmoth scalloped flame maple neck

SB Strat 2021-05-25 3.JPG

6. Fender Ultra Cobra blue strat body with Warmoth scalloped ebony/maple neck

Cobra Blue Strat 2021-07-08 3.JPG

7. Ibanez JS1200 with Warmoth scalloped rosewood/roasted maple neck

Ibanez JS 2020-08-20 Scalloped.JPG

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dang that collection has some nice variety. Mine doesn't hahaha. I have a whopping 8 guitars.

1988 540R HSS configuration with a custom neck with mo joe in the bridge and fender hot noiseless singles.

1991 540RLTD HSH with a custom neck... Roasted maple neck with rosewood board and stainless frets. DiMarzio pickups and Guthrie Govans charvel circuit.

2003 js100 with (wait for it) a custom neck and upgraded hardware to all gotoh

2013 Epiphone Les Paul Standard that has had a bone nut installed, DiMarzio humbuckers and the frets have been leveled polished and crowned. It may be be an Epiphone... But the playability is superb.

2006 warmoth build - soloist carved top mahogany body, maple neck and fret board, DiMarzio pickups (H-S configuration) with a gold Schaller Floyd

2008 Chinese guild acoustic (I hate it, I can't wait to replace it)

1987 Kramer beretta (it's in pieces my pops painted it like EvH's Kramer for me when I was 14, it was my first guitar... And it has a broken truss rod. Gonna fix it!)

2016 fender jazz bass

If I could only keep one... It would definitely be the 1991 540R HSH... That thing can excell at anything. The tone variations from that circuit are incrediblly versitile.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mine is a 64 Special. I chose it because it is made out of real Mahogany and Ebony. Mine has the Burns Tri-Sonic moniker on the pups. The sound is fuller/rounder than the Supreme. They can’t badge the pups to say Burns anymore due to the fact that Burns is now making pups, albeit with different magnets. I could have had a Supreme, as it was only a few hundred more dollars, but the sound I was after was in the the one I chose. NAMM show demo guitar. When I bought it the new price was $6500 and the Supreme was a little over 8K.

The HM strat reissue doesn’t have the TBX system in it Like the old ones. It looks like the original, but it is different, still 25.1 inch scale though. I bought the reissue first, and then a guy came along with the real deal. I traded him a Fender American Special strat straight across for it. I had to do a level and crown on the 89. It is a shred machine now.
Interestingly, it's probably what Brian and dad would've done if they had the means and materials back in the day. That's right; the Adesons I bought have a plain cover, which I think looks nice too. Mine are normal spec, not with the BM mods. I've been toying with the idea of buying a cheaper version of the guitar and doing a conversion to the roller bridge and knife edge trem - would be a fun project.

Cool. I guess the pickups and trem are different between the two also. Who said shred was dead?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dang that collection has some nice variety. Mine doesn't hahaha. I have a whopping 8 guitars.

1988 540R HSS configuration with a custom neck with mo joe in the bridge and fender hot noiseless singles.

1991 540RLTD HSH with a custom neck... Roasted maple neck with rosewood board and stainless frets. DiMarzio pickups and Guthrie Govans charvel circuit.

2003 js100 with (wait for it) a custom neck and upgraded hardware to all gotoh

2013 Epiphone Les Paul Standard that has had a bone nut installed, DiMarzio humbuckers and the frets have been leveled polished and crowned. It may be be an Epiphone... But the playability is superb.

2006 warmth build - soloist carved top mahogany body, maple neck and fret board, DiMarzio pickups (H-S configuration) with a gold Schaller Floyd

2008 Chinese guild acoustic (I hate it, I can't wait to replace it)

1987 Kramer beretta (it's in pieces my pops painted it like EvH's Kramer for me when I was 14, it was my first guitar... And it has a broken truss rod. Gonna fix it!)

2016 fender jazz bass

If I could only keep one... It would definitely be the 1991 540R HSH... That thing can excell at anything. The tone variations from that circuit are incrediblly versitile. View attachment 17417 View attachment 17418 View attachment 17419 View attachment 17420 View attachment 17422 View attachment 17423
This is awesome! I really like your combinations, modding, and custom additions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My main guitars are the PBK, 777, PGM200 sample, JS90HAM, White JS1000 satriani sketch on front and rear, a Japanese JS700, and a pearl black JS1000. I also have a salmon FGM100 and a black voyager.

Right now the PBK is the best playing and sounding guitar!

7CCB8851-2F9B-4F96-AF9D-C480D8140DD9.png

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
This is the current stable, From L to R
Kiesel DC600, Carvin DC127, Jackson PC1, Strandberg Alex Machacek model, Edwards ELP, Levinson Blade, Strat
Below, "Skully", My '91 RG-550 in Black with ghost skulls in the pearl clearcoat.
I've been through a long and circuitous gear journey, my list of amp and effects is pretty similar, lots of changes, only to find out I sound like me, no matter which amp I play.
If I had to just play one, I'd either go with the Kiesel DC600 or the RG550, both are right where my comfort zone is, the neck, trems, etc, all just perfect for me.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mine are currently
1. Jem 77FP
2. PGM100 (modded body, high pass filter added, with killswitch)
3. JS1600
4. JS1000
5. 70s lawsuit era Antoria Les Paul
6. American Fender Jazz bass. (Partscaster from 2 different MIA basses, Babicz high contact bridge and tesla pickups).

My favorite is the Jem. But it's been played a lot so needs some fretwork.
There are a few I'll never sell. The Jem is my favorite. The PGM100 is no longer a collectors guitar but plays beautifully so it's a keeper. My workhorse...
The Les Paul, these were Fujigen made but can still be found cheap as the quality is a little variable. But mine plays absolutely beautifully and the top has aged wonderfully so it's worth way more to me than its market value.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I own 10 but I’m too lazy to list anything more than my four Ibby - plus, once you have an RG ART, any other guitars are just gravy ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
Let's see, I have about a dozen at the moment. In this pic, I still have all of these except the top left Jem505 which I sold. The 7VWH gets all the Jem action.
So, '91 RG550 (SpongeBob), '94 MIJ Fender 50th Anniversary Tele, Partscaster (Charvel Model 1 neck on MIM body with Carvin singles), Front Row: '15 Fender Baja Tele, '78 Ibanez FA-100, '15 Tokai Hibiki Custom Shop HLS-LW, STR LS-648 bass, '00 Jem7. Only the Mexican Baja Tele in this shot isn't Japanese :)

Here are two more, an '07 Gibson L5, built by Jim Hutchinson when he was head of the Gibson Custom Shop, my two Teles you've already met, and my Emerald X-20 Artisan acoustic. Not a great pic of the Emerald, I'll try again later. It's green carbon fiber.

'12 Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster

I also recently acquired a Seventy Seven Albatross Custom :) Amazing guitar, weighs 6.8 pounds and is a fusion machine.

For amps I have a Hartke HyDrive 210 bass amp, a '68 Fender Bassman head, and a Mark IVa combo with the AX8 and a few other toys. The Mark will likely go if I like the new Tone Master Super Reverb when I get a chance to play one in a few months.

If I could only keep one It would be the Jem, but man I'd be beyond really sad about losing the others! LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let's see, I have about a dozen at the moment. In this pic, I still have all of these except the top left Jem505 which I sold. The 7VWH gets all the Jem action.
So, '91 RG550 (SpongeBob), '94 MIJ Fender 50th Anniversary Tele, Partscaster (Charvel Model 1 neck on MIM body with Carvin singles), Front Row: '15 Fender Baja Tele, '78 Ibanez FA-100, '15 Tokai Hibiki Custom Shop HLS-LW, STR LS-648 bass, '00 Jem7. Only the Mexican Baja Tele in this shot isn't Japanese :)

Here are two more, an '07 Gibson L5, built by Jim Hutchinson when he was head of the Gibson Custom Shop, my two Teles you've already met, and my Emerald X-20 Artisan acoustic. Not a great pic of the Emerald, I'll try again later. It's green carbon fiber.

'12 Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster

I also recently acquired a Seventy Seven Albatross Custom :) Amazing guitar, weighs 6.8 pounds and is a fusion machine.

For amps I have a Hartke HyDrive 210 bass amp, a '68 Fender Bassman head, and a Mark IVa combo with the AX8 and a few other toys. The Mark will likely go if I like the new Tone Master Super Reverb when I get a chance to play one in a few months.

If I could only keep one It would be the Jem, but man I'd be beyond really sad about losing the others! LOL
What is it about Mesa amps? I too have a Mesa. Believe it or not, I can get Vox AC 30 tones out of it. It’s a MK V 25 head. And then for practice around the house, I have 2 Orange Crush 35RT combos. Hopefully Gibson doesn’t ruin the product, or drive the company into bankruptcy now that they own Mesa.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's my bunch. 6 versions of the same guitar essentially and a bass. If i had to just keep one i'd probably pick the JEM, maybe the black UV depending on the day.

Man, those are so nice. I’ve got a new Ibanez on the way. I really do think that they make many guitars that are a lot of bang for the buck, even the J Customs. There is no bull**** gimmicks on these guitars.

I have, over the years, owned 5 Suhrs, and 4 of them had problems. Stupid annoying problems. Things like stripped out, or crooked screw holes and nuts being too high, or too low. Especially with the Floyd type nuts. And they are stupidly high priced. Back when I was making medical professional bank, I didn’t care. But now that I’m retired, I focus on making every dollar count. The Ibanez Premium and Prestige are good value for me. But I would love to a couple of higher end MIJ guitars to the mix. But they have to have the Edge bridge on them. The quality control on the Indonesian guitars is hit or miss. About 50/50.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
What is it about Mesa amps? I too have a Mesa. Believe it or not, I can get Vox AC 30 tones out of it. It’s a MK V 25 head. And then for practice around the house, I have 2 Orange Crush 35RT combos. Hopefully Gibson doesn’t ruin the product, or drive the company into bankruptcy now that they own Mesa.
Honestly, it's an 80 pound 1x12 combo that 1.) sounds best when turned up, and 2.) will absolutely scare your dogs and rattle your windows on 3 (on half power!). I use mine on half power all the time and still can't put the volume above 2 without driving everyone out of the house. It's 100% a gigging amp, and I simply do not need that. The Fender Tone Master Super Reverb is 45 watts, and 4x10 and weighs 36 pounds. It's actually 200 watts, but needs that wattage to emulate the 45 watts of tubes, and has 45, 22, 12, and 1 watt built in attenuation. If it's built to last it's simply a far better all around solution for me as I only ever use the Mark's clean channel anyway.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man, those are so nice. I’ve got a new Ibanez on the way. I really do think that they make many guitars that are a lot of bang for the buck, even the J Customs. There is no bull**** gimmicks on these guitars.

I have, over the years, owned 5 Suhrs, and 4 of them had problems. Stupid annoying problems. Things like stripped out, or crooked screw holes and nuts being too high, or too low. Especially with the Floyd type nuts. And they are stupidly high priced. Back when I was making medical professional bank, I didn’t care. But now that I’m retired, I focus on making every dollar count. The Ibanez Premium and Prestige are good value for me. But I would love to a couple of higher end MIJ guitars to the mix. But they have to have the Edge bridge on them. The quality control on the Indonesian guitars is hit or miss. About 50/50.
I agree that Ibaneze Prem/Pres quality is terrific, particularly for the price. (Way ahead of Fender, for example.) Another maker you might check out is Schecter. I think they're at least as good a value as Ibanez, possibly even better. I picked up a C-1 SLS Elite "Evil Twin" earlier this year and it's absolutely fantastic. For about $1,200 the specs + fit/finish are impeccable. If they have any models that check your boxes, might be worth a try.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts