Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  j.arledge 
i was playing metal through it . I was happy with it at all , and it went back the next day . I played musical a power amp tubes with it and it sounded like crap still . I didn't have any spare 12ax7 s though .

IT may have had something wrong from shipping or the 12ax7s where low quality or low grade , i dont know but i didn't feel like screwing with it .

peavey xxx 1x12 combo on the bay now for 350

tube and under 350 maybe hard . Laney is suppose to have some really nice stuff, they can be higher though . You may be able to find a carvin mts 2x12 for under 350 .

The peavey classics are really nice if you have a good distoriton pedal and overdriver . I played a classic 30 with a boss ds-1 and i think it was a digitech bad monkey overdriver and i got some really good tone . i actually owned a peavey classic 50 head for a while and got some really nice tone out of it .

you may also if can check out the peavey valveking series . 350 for the 1x12 combo new , i am not sure if they have shipped out yet though.

these where suppose to have been used by yngwie

If your into the marshall jcm 800 thing . there was a company called redbear . The amps they made where basically a hot rodded jcm 800 wit point to point wiring . The company went under though so they are no longer made but they show up on **** from time to time cheap .

here is what peavey says about it

"Peavey proudly introduces the ValveKing Series, a new, all-tube guitar amp line combining boutique features and hot-rodded tones with legendary Peavey reliability. ValveKing amps are available in a 100-watt head, a 100-watt 212 combo and a 50-watt 112 combo.
Peavey ValveKing amps feature a patent-pending, variable Class A/B control called Texture™, which allows sweepable selection between Class A and Class A/B power structures, as well as any combination of the two. With this feature, guitarists can coax virtually any tone from this tweaked-out amplifier. The amp's preamp and power sections use 12AX7 and 6L6GC tubes, respectively, and drive specially voiced 12" ValveKing loudspeakers (112 and 212 versions only).

Additional standard features include two footswitchable channels with independent, three-band EQ and volume, plus a footswitchable gain/volume boost on the lead channel to provide extra volume for solos. ValveKing amps also feature global resonance, presence and reverb controls, a buffered effects loop and dual speaker jacks in parallel (head and 212 only).

The ValveKing Series will be available in Q2 2005 from authorized Peavey dealers. "

so it sounds like it maybe thier attempt to be a marshall jcm or somthing simular .

Another amp that i left out that very nice is the carvin x-100b or x-60b . They have some really nice cleans and are freaking loud , if you go past 7 on them your talking about causing brain damage . They are really moldable as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.