Ibanez JEM Forum banner

How many Shredders have you got? And how big is your collection?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  3bolt79 
#1 ·
I have 24 guitars at present.

I have 8 shredders in the bunch, 6 of which have double-locking Trems.

I have a reissue HM Strat
I have a 1989 HM Strat
I have a Premium Jem
I have an RG 550
I have vintage model Kramer Pacer
I also have a NightSwan
and an Ibanez Roadstar II that has a single humbucker with Coil Tap From 1985.
And lastly an Epiphone SG Modern, and it is the only shreddy Guitar I have without a DL Trem.

This means 1/3 of my guitars are shredders.
Sleeve Darth vader Armour Personal protective equipment Machine

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument accessory

Hair Glasses Musical instrument Guitar Beard

Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar Musician

Dog Car Vehicle Dog breed Carnivore

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory

Snuck my dog in there ha ha. Her name is Abby.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
In all, I've been playing since I was 14. Last time I did a list of guitars I've owned over the years(ones I could remember), I was at 81 guitars(but that was a good 5 years ago, I'm sure I'm close to 100 guitars now) and around 30+ amps. Some guitars I've kept over the years, and others I sell. Primarily because I don't mesh with a guitar is why I'll sell it. Amps on the other hand, are just my ears changing over the years and either selling or trading up for something bigger or better. I've had all kinds of amps, Peavey's, Carvins, Marshalls, Crates and Fenders.

😁

Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Folk instrument Room Audio equipment

#6 ·
Nothing special, just a JS20S, not the JS20th. But I got it back in late 2000's and I played it a lot for a long time. I installed a Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF Pro, along with a hi-pass filter volume. Really changed the whole guitar. Surfing with the Alien was an album that really shaped me as a young guitarist back in the early 90's, so when they brought the graphic out on the guitar, I had to have it. I wasn't going to shell out the $4k for the JS20th, because I'm one of those that plays guitars and plays them hard. I don't pamper guitars, I'm not going to slide it across the floor but if they get dings or nicks I don't really care. I do take care of them and do my best to keep them nice but they will get use and show it. My JS2410 is brand new(couple months old) and it already has tons of fingernail swirls in the clear coat.

Both my Malmsteen strats on the floor rack have paint chips, dings, dents and so forth. And I love every one of them. Gives the guitar character. My RG7620(gray nickel) on the bottom as well is beat to hell. It was actually a parts guitar that I built up. It had a thick black pickguard installed on it, and I hated it. So I took it off and play it as is, will all the holes and what not.

The only ones I really treat with any kind of care are the acoustics.

#13 ·
Well, my collection has changed. I am now down to 16 guitars (I think). My shredders are now My 2020 HM Strat, 1985 Ibanez RG110, and 1985 Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior. I sold a bunch of guitars ear to help out my son. I also have a wicked fast, but non-shred looking Sterling Cutlass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.