Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to find the worth of an Ibanez RG 1XXV PINK in 2018
A guy is trying to trade this for my Ibanez RGDIX6MPB-SBB
do you think its a fair trade?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you do the trade if you were me? This is my first "decently priced" guitar. But I really want a Floyd rose, im scared that it would be a stupid idea

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Would you do the trade if you were me? This is my first "decently priced" guitar. But I really want a Floyd rose, im scared that it would be a stupid idea
Just my thoughts here, but I think they are in the same ballpark price-wise... I would play the guitar before making a trade if I were in your shoes. I had an RG3XXV and loved the way it sounded, but it did have some sharp fret ends and a couple of high frets. The Edge II trem and ZPS3 worked great, but had a much stiffer feel to it than an original Edge tremolo. I ended up selling it, but if I could go back I'd keep the guitar and have the fretwork done to get it finely tuned. It might have been the best sounding guitar I ever had, although it had different pickups than the RG1XXV you are looking at. If you can, go try it out and see what you think... it will definitely have a different feel with the tremolo and shorter scale length. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its been setup by a known luthier here, he said the owner did a full setup on it when he first got it. We've setup the dates and were going to test them out on Saturday. Thanks guys! :) Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.