Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, any teltale sign to verify if my Ibanez RG 550 Genesis is legit from Ibanez? Possibly the chance of a replica of this particular model might be low but I just want to make sure.

Bought this in a guitar community group, not from store.

What I did previously:
1. Check Serial Code -Found the year made in 2018 which made sense.
2. Check if there is any tool and manual given - yes
3. Check Box -See if the box matches the original box from Ibanez
4. Check Quality - Ain't an expert, but seems pretty good to me.

ah yes.. slightly paranoid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, It's all ok, is 100% like mine, everything, including serial position. There's no market for fakes of this particular model.
Don't worry end enjoy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have exactly the same guitar as you in the white finish as well and can confirm that it's genuine. In terms of the neck, that 5 piece (with two of those being thin walnut stripes for extra strength/stability), confirms it's Fugigen made. I also notice the slight slope/fall off of the neck joint to improve upper fret access which is a feature of the Genesis series. Is the apparent string bar misalignment really just due to the angle the photo was taken from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have exactly the same guitar as you in the white finish as well and can confirm that it's genuine. In terms of the neck, that 5 piece (with two of those being thin walnut stripes for extra strength/stability), confirms it's Fugigen made. I also notice the slight slope/fall off of the neck joint to improve upper fret access which is a feature of the Genesis series. Is the apparent string bar misalignment really just due to the angle the photo was taken from?
Yes it is probably the case. I will use a ruler or protractor to check when I get back to home next month.

·
Registered
698 Posts
It would be marked as a 2nd if it was, as a 2nd would not have factory warranty.
Its definitely real! Loads of Prestige RG's seem to have crooked string retainer bars these days, unsure why, must be the Japanese craftsmanship we crave. Recenty had a new RG652 where one of the bar screws was bent!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.