Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
After a few months of work with music I started to look around for free alternatives of recording software ;) It took me some time... Anyway it's ready and now I'm able to record my own songs for free.

Free Daw, drums, bass... Everything lonely guitarist needs at home/studio ;)

Video itsfel:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reaper is not free ;) you said it yourself, 60$ after trial ends.

Fact they do not block the software is a different case.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts

I know.
I just don't want to open that can if ethical worms agaun--but some people have used it "free" for years.
It's up to those people to decide.

Your tutorial is really good though, but wanted to mention Reaper for you.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts

The trial is a non-ending evaluation trial. I believe after 60 days or so, you get a splash screen that cannot be removed until the spalsh screen is done loading (a full whopping 5 seconds).

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Reaper is the best DAW I've used yet, and the fact it's only $60 to buy and free to try for a potentially unending period makes it a no brainer to at least check out.

The plug-ins are only fair - ReaEQ and ReaComp aren't terribly exciting but efficient, but ReaVerb allows you to load external impulses so I've found that the stock plugins plus the Antress stuff and the Bricasti impulse verbs have gotten me pretty far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thumbs up for reaper . As a novice to recording (started with Riffworks), I found the huge leap to using a real DAW intimidating. Reaper was really easy to use and super easy to get up and running.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
ummmm, yes. yes it is. If it is there for the taking, it will be had.
I'm not sure how Jemsite's policy is towards piracy, but I would imagine it's not terribly well tolerated. ;)

Besides, when you can get a program as awesome as Reaper for $60, I don't get the point of stealing something more expensive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.