Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... my child appears to have gotten nail polish on the neck of my guitar. I would love to tell you that my daughter made an oooppsie while practicing on it, but alas, it was actually my SON who spilled HIS nail polish on it.

It's not a lot. Just a couple of teardrop-size globs.

So any ideas on how to remove it without damaging the finish?

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
26,754 Posts
Nail polish remover is acetone and some poly's don't like it. Test it in a small area like under a tuner where you won't be able to tell if it eats the finish. I would highly suggest scrapping / chipping as much off with a fingernail first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nail polish remover is acetone and some poly's don't like it. Test it in a small area like under a tuner where you won't be able to tell if it eats the finish. I would highly suggest scrapping / chipping as much off with a fingernail first.
Thanks for the note. Especially about the heads up about not all Polyurethane finishes dealing well with acetone / nail polish remover.

My fear about prying off (with a fingernail) is that it might pull off some of the Poly finish with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.