Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys! Today I recived my new RG2550 E with EDGE pro tremolo!
I have some questions conected with some problems.

From what I'v read on ibanez rulez and The Manual comming with the guitar

The tremolo must be set horizontally!
My old guitar RG450 is equiped with EDGE - tremolo....

When I setting up the Edge pro I'v found that the tremolo arm
touch the volume knob...and When pull up the tremolo to extremely low position it touch the Body...and cant get to high pitch than 2 tones...

With My EDGE tremolo I can reach a wide range of high pitches....
I'll post some photos now

Thank you very much for any help!

regards
Dimitar

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I'm pretty sure the edge pro bar doesn't adjust for height. The bar pushes in firmly and the socket is pretty flush to the trem block.

Might the neck need shim-ing and then raise the height of the trem studs ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like it is adjusted OK to me... here's mine (it's on a Jem 7VWH):

If your guitar body is stopping your edge pro from pulling up, it's the guitar not the trem. If you were able to put an edge in there it would do the same thing.

My trem pulls up. I can pull notes up 5 steps... - well OK the 1st string only goes up 4 steps and the 6th string goes up 7 steps, middle strings are like 5 steps (where steps = frets).

My trem does bottom out on the guitar body, but the wood is removed so it pulls up a great deal before bottoming out due to the "lion's claw." Pulling up more would break strings anyways...

I bet your new RG isn't routed out behind the trem and the old RG is, huh? I bet that's your problem.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OHHH!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU Miker! :)
Your photos realy help me!

Everything is OK :) Finaly I setting up the guitar hahah YES the 6th string goes up 7 steps!!!! :)))) Thak you all!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts