Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I am selling my Tokai Les paul to try and save for a Chapman ML2, althought Im not sure what the serial codes mean and I can't find a website where I could identify it.

It was around £300-£350 new from my local shop, and have barely played it for 8 months (October) So I thought I'd sell it!

Could anyone help?

John

·
Super Moderator
7,293 Posts
There's a guy on the "Gear Page" forums who's a distributer for Tokai, (South Africa I think) it might be that you could head over there and ask.

My best recommendation though would be to simply pop back to your local shop and ask them if they have the sale records for it. Was it new, was it second hand, what info do they have on it. If it was new, they might easily be able to pin it down for you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a guy on the "Gear Page" forums who's a distributer for Tokai, (South Africa I think) it might be that you could head over there and ask.

My best recommendation though would be to simply pop back to your local shop and ask them if they have the sale records for it. Was it new, was it second hand, what info do they have on it. If it was new, they might easily be able to pin it down for you.
Thanks alot buddy I'll check him out, and Yeah I have done that to no avail, it was new but he didn't have any records for it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
At that price it's probably a 48, the LS are Les Paul standards and the LC are Les Paul customs, so Love Rock LS48.
Maple cap would make it a premium.
If it's quilted then LS50Q.
If it's a custom then I think they start at £400 so it could have been a LC53 and a good deal!
Jim

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At that price it's probably a 48, the LS are Les Paul standards and the LC are Les Paul customs, so Love Rock LS48.
Maple cap would make it a premium.
If it's quilted then LS50Q.
If it's a custom then I think they start at £400 so it could have been a LC53 and a good deal!
Jim
Wow thanks alot mate! very useful, it is only a slight quilt so I'm guessing the LS48 it does has a quilted maple cap :S

It also has chrome hardware, and a white pickup selector knob if that makes any difference

1 - 7 of 7 Posts